|If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
If you are having an issue with a federal agency, please complete a privacy release form. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
Please download this printable version of the privacy release form. Instructions on how to return the form to my district office can be found on the bottom of page two.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your privacy release form—such as:
• Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
• VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
• Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
• Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
· Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;